Careers with CASA Lancaster
CASA is currently hiring for the position(s) below. For information on how to become involved as a CASA volunteer, please visit our volunteer page.
Event Coordinator (Part-Time)
Background: CASA of Lancaster County, Inc. is a local not for profit organization that belongs to a network of nearly 950 community-based programs that recruit, train, and support citizen-volunteers to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in courtrooms and communities.
Overview: CASA is seeking a part time Event Coordinator, ten (10) to twenty (20) hours per week, to facilitate the logistics and execution of fundraising, training, and community events throughout the year. This includes, but is not limited to collaborative planning with the Director of Development and Director of Training and Outreach, actively participating in event committees, finding and booking venues, solidifying event logistics and running events day of. This position is directly supervised by the Director of Development.
• Participate in planning virtual, in-person and hybrid fundraising, training and community events with the relevant Director’s and staff.
• Participate in staff and event committee meetings and represent CASA at event committee meetings outside the organization as needed
• Act as event liaison, booking venues, finding vendors and coordinate calendars
• Create and order relevant materials including surveys, pledge cards, programs, etc.
• Share details with Director’s and staff for planning and social media promotion
• Act as day of coordinator, facilitating run of show, technological needs and event logistics
• Research as needed to improve event outcomes (fundraising, attendance, etc)
• Assist with event follow up including hand written notes and phone calls
• Data entry, note taking and other administrative tasks as needed
• Scheduling flexibility as it pertains to hours and work from home ability
The ideal candidate will have
• 2 – 3 years of event coordinating experience
• Working knowledge of web meeting platforms such as Zoom or WebEx
• Familiarity with the Lancaster community
• Experience with nonprofits
This position will be an hourly position, 10-20 hours per week. Work from home will be permitted as feasible and hours will not necessarily be limited to standard M-F work hours.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Andrea Reigle, Director of Development at email@example.com.